Are you an aspiring account executive looking for your next step up? Want to work for one of the most exciting creative agencies around?
Want to work on content that genuinely goes viral? Want to help us deliver exciting projects for clients like Save the Children, the Guardian, Greenpeace, Warner and Channel 4?
If this sounds like the sort of thing you want to be doing during the majority of your waking hours get in touch with us and let us know your availability, experience and salary expectations.
Read the detail below first though.
An exciting opportunity for an Junior account manager / Account Manager has opened up at our Gold Lion award winning creative agency.
Due to major project wins we need someone with to become a part of our client service team. Your primary function is to be the day-to-day representative of the agency to a number of clients, managing all aspects of delivery on assigned projects.
- Working with the wider client services team to define the scope of projects, creating detailed plans encompassing project stages, delivery dates, budget and resource requirements and producing accurate statements of work.
- Being the first-line representative of the agency to clients; providing effective direction to ensure that we are delivering to agreed strategic objectives, on time and on budget
- Supervising junior team members and 3rd party suppliers and production houses on a day-to-day basis to ensure expectations are set and understood, and deliverables are achieved.
- Identifying, communicating and escalating any issues such as project delays and cost over-runs, etc. communicating with all stakeholders, managing the clients’ expectations and advising on actions.
- Scheduling, budgeting and authoring requirement definition documents
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous creative agency experience in similar role is crucial (ideally 1 – 2 years)
- Experience of delivering integrated campaigns across multiple channels: ideally including social, digital, video (live action and animation), experiential, OOH
- Confident self-starter with the ability to pre-empt /understand client’s business needs or requests very quickly
- Great people skills and ability to build rapport / relationships easily, in order to act as the front line interface for the client, stakeholders and agency
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills to manage several simultaneous projects
- Strong written, verbal & presentation skills
- Reassuring and calm personality, ensuring project follow through and delivery
- Able to multitask with a positive, flexible, can do attitude
- Experience of leading and mentoring junior staff
About the company
We’re Don’t Panic London an award-winning agency of ideas. We use them to build brands, disrupt convention and leave a mark. We deliver messages with humour, intelligence and integrity to inspire people to think in unfamiliar ways and then do something about it. Our campaigns create word of mouth and our stunts make headlines.
Where did we come from? Well, we used to be known for our Don’t Panic student pack, www.dontpaniconline.com and DPTV, where we learned our trade in stunts, guerrilla marketing and other entertaining things. These days we’re making hugely viral videos (like Save the Children’s Most Shocking Second a Day) and… wait a minute, is that a BAFTA on our trophy shelf? Why, yes it is!
All CV’s must be sent with a cover letter, explaining why you are suited to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org